The mall of the future is not an extended set of stores, followed by the occasional snack stands and the movie theater, but a platform on your phone. Think it this way: millions of buying opportunities from different brands and creators just for you, helping you look for things you are likely to buy, based on what you’ve purchased in the past, or how you’ve behaved online. A lot of platforms are trying to lead shopping in this direction. Hence, Instagram has introduced the shopping option for brands, online shops, and creators to join its community of one billion users.
Now it’s time for online shops to benefit from this free option by following a few steps to help their online shop thrive.
What is an Instagram Shop?
The Instagram Shop allows you to connect your product catalog to your Instagram profile. This lets you promote your goods directly to Instagram users through posts, Stories, the Explore tab, and a unique Shop tab on your profile.
How to Start an Instagram Shop for Your Store
Option 1: Facebook shop
To start your Instagram Shop, you need a Facebook Shop first. This is because Instagram actually pulls your product information out of Facebook to create your Instagram Shop.
You can follow the mentioned steps to start your Facebook shop and turn your Instagram account to an online store.
Step 1. Check that your Business and Account meets Instagram Requirements
Instagram has some pretty strict requirements when it comes to getting set up with their shopping features. This ensures that only real retailers and online shop owners are able to make sales through the app.
here are some of the requirements needed:
- Your business should be in one of Instagram’s 46 approved countries for having a shopping option.
- You should have a business account that sells physical goods firstly. You must also agree with Instagram’s merchant agreement and commerce policy.
- The connected Facebook Business Page shouldn’t have certain restrictions; such as country or age.
- Your Instagram business account must be associated with a Facebook catalog for your products.
Step 2: Connect your Instagram to a Facebook catalog for your products
If you meet all the above requirements, you can create a catalog for your products.
There are two ways to create a catalog for your products:
1. Adding a Shop Section to the Facebook Page
Click the Shop tab on your Facebook Business Page. If there’s no shop tab, you may need to change your Page template to the Shopping template by following the next steps:
- Click “Set up Shop” and agree to the Terms.
- Enter your business address then click Next.
- Choose a currency for your Facebook shop.
- Enter the email address associated with your business page. Then click Next.
- Enter the tax registration number for each state/country that you have a business presence in.
- Click Finish and you can then start adding products to your shop!
2. Use a Product Catalog on Business Manager
- Go to the Business Manager account that owns the Facebook Page linked to your Instagram business profile.
- From your Business Manager account, create a new catalog or identify an existing catalog you’d like to use with shopping on Instagram. If the catalog you’d like to use is in another Business Manager account, make sure the two accounts are partnered.
Option 2: Set Up Your Instagram Shop with Shopify integration
Integrating Shopify and Instagram will let you sell both on your Instagram account and your Shopify account more effectively. This enhances the selling power and potential of both platforms and helps you reach more customers where they are most active.
Follow these steps to ake our Instagram profile shoppable
- Download the Instagram plugin here.
- Next, you’ll see that you need to Add Facebook in order to install Instagram product tagging. This is because you need to have a Facebook Shop up and running.
- After you connect your Instagram and your Facebook Store, Instagram will want to approve your Facebook Shop, too. It can take a few days to get approval from both platforms.
- Once everything is up and running, you’ll see the ability to enable Shopping in your Instagram settings.
Instagram has become the most predominant social network in the past years. It helps individuals share what snaps of their daily lives and communicate through a visual platform. Moreover, Instagram allows brands, online stores, and creators to sell their products and services. Using Instagram for your online shop is a win-win game. You can sell your products on Instagram as well as promoting them for potential customers. If you own an online shop don’t hesitate; connect your shop to Instagram and double your sales.
Ready, set, go!